Travel Bug Chronicles

The mis-adventures of those living abroad who sometimes wish they weren't

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Nowhere To Go

WARNING: This is a self-pity post. Read at own risk.

It is 9:30pm on a Saturday night. I have called most everyone that I know in the city, and they are either not home, out already, or too tired to go out. *sigh* So that leaves me stuck at home. Alone. What I would really like to do tonight is hit a Latin Club as I am having serious Latin culture withdrawl here! But alas, there is no one around to assist me with getting my fix, or even to assist me with getting out of the house. This sucks. But I guess that's what happens when you move away and then come back for a visit. Last year I guess I didn't notice so much because I was working, and also because George was here with me, so I always had someone to do something with. But that is not the case now. *sniff sniff*

Maybe I will go for a walk somewhere by myself. Might make me feel better.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:55 am, July 24, 2005, Blogger New Homeowner said…

    Oh! Don't feel bad. I just got home, after a day of painting my Mom's condo, picking up new luggage (it's candy apple red, and dead sexy), picking something up from Home Depot (no word of a lie, it took an hour) dropping off moving boxes for Doug and Jenn. I'm freaking exhausted. I'm going to bed, right after I post on my Blog... Sorry I missed your call btw.

     
  • At 10:09 pm, July 24, 2005, Blogger Going Somewhere said…

    George e-mailed me this comment, which I thought was so nice, I wanted to share it with everyone:

    "I was at a wedding last night. I was a bit lonely there. Danced a bit with friends here and there. Pero, you were missed! We could have done plenty of dancing. It's funny, we were missing each other at the same time a bit and for the same reason. BOO!"

    Aaaawwwww!!!!!

     
  • At 6:43 am, July 25, 2005, Blogger Winnipeg Damsel said…

    What a sweetie :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home