Travel Bug Chronicles

The mis-adventures of those living abroad who sometimes wish they weren't

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Customer Service Rocks

Last year I bought two electric toothbrushes--one for George, and one for me. It was not the first electric toothbrush I had had, or used, since my father has been buying them since they first came out. George had also had one before too. My new toothbrush was transparent fuscia, which I thought was really cool because I could somewhat see the parts inside.

After a few months, I began to notice some condensation on the inside of the toothbrush. I didn't really think anything of it at the time. For all I knew, that was what happened to all electric toothbrushes, except that they were white so I couldn't see the condensation inside. So I continued merrily brushing my teeth day and night.

Eventually, the condensation turned into mold, and now my toothbrush won't work anymore. The mold has somehow blocked the on/off switch. I asked George how his toothbrush was working, and if it had mold inside, since he has the same one as me, only in blue. He said his toothbrush was mold free and still working great, which led me to believe that mine was somehow defective. The only problem with returning it was that I did not keep the on-line order receipt, or any e-mails referring to it.

I decided to try anyways. The store where I purshased it from only keeps records of on-line purchases for a year, so they told me to call the company. I just did. And guess what?!?!? They are sending me a brand new toothbrush in the mail! I was totally not expecting such a quick resolution. I thought that, at the very least, I would have to send in my toothbrush, or that I would be SOL since I didn't have my proof of purchase anymore. But that is not the case. I am getting a new toothbrush! How cool is that?

4 Comments:

  • At 8:26 pm, July 01, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    that is cool and most major reputable companies aren't going to screw you around even if you don't have a receipt, they want you to refer business to them, ummm, did you mention the name of their company on your blog?

     
  • At 4:46 am, July 03, 2005, Blogger Just Say No said…

    Yeah you might want to give props to the company that sent you the replacement. Just FYI, they may include in the replacement box a return package for you to send the defective toothbrush back in.

    Oh and continuing to brush with a moldy toothbrush until the toothbrush stops working? Ew.

     
  • At 4:08 pm, July 03, 2005, Blogger Going Somewhere said…

    LOL. The mold was inside the plastic casing so it didn't get to my teeth! LOL

    And my toothbrush was one of those Braun Oral-B electric toothbrushes.

     
  • At 8:45 pm, July 06, 2005, Blogger Just Say No said…

    Mold in the plastic casing doesn't make it better. Sorry.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home