Travel Bug Chronicles

The mis-adventures of those living abroad who sometimes wish they weren't

Monday, June 20, 2005

How It All Turned Out:

After my boss stood us up at noon on Friday, I went to George's house for lunch. We kept calling the school to see if she had returned, but she hadn't. I decided that I would still move all my stuff out that day like I had planned, and go down to the apartment Monday morning to settle up the pay, which is when my roommate was checking out.

So at around 4, I told George we should get going to load up the car because it was getting late and I had plans for a Girls' Weekend with Patricia and Raymi later that night. On our way to my apartment, I suggested that we pass by the school (it is a block away) just for the hell of it.

Well, what do you know! My boss had just arrived about 10 minutes earlier and was in a meeting. I decided to wait around to talk to her. I had left George in the car, but I guess I was gone a while because the next thing I knew, he was standing beside me in the office.

Finally she was done with her meeting, and came into the office area. When she saw me, she simply asked if I was ready to move out of the apartment--no mention of standing us up. I said yes, and she called me into her office. She proceeded to give me my remaining pay and bonus, and told me to leave my keys with my roommate since she was leaving a few days after me.

Just like that! I was so confused. It had been such a matter of "following procedure" in order for me to be able to get my final pay! She didn't even come and inspect the apartment! Honestly, I don't get why it was made so complicated! I could have settled up with her on Tuesday since she didn't end up taking my keys, or even coming to see the place. *rolls eyes*

No matter now because it is finally, finally over! Now on to bigger and better things! Tomorrow I am going to Puerto Plata with George for four days for a mini-vacation before I head home next Monday. I am so excited because we are going on one of those touristy day trip snorkelling excursions! It will be my first time snorkelling ever (unless you count those few times in the bathtub when I was little)! I hope it is fun. Who knows, I may even come back with a tan. *gasp*

3 Comments:

  • At 3:11 am, June 20, 2005, Blogger New Homeowner said…

    Snorkling is so much fun, assuming the mask doesn't bother you.

     
  • At 3:57 am, June 20, 2005, Blogger Just Say No said…

    I don't think you should complain when people are making your life easier :P

     
  • At 3:08 pm, June 20, 2005, Blogger Going Somewhere said…

    LOL I'm glad she did, but you have to understand that when my roommate went to get paid on Tuesday without following the procedure, she totally got yelled at, and so did the lady in accounting who accidentally gave her part of her bonus early. So to avoid that, I tried to follow procedure and wasted my whole day Friday waiting for her. Then she didn't follow procedure with me.

    Really, my boss is crazy, so you never know what you are going to get from one day to the next. It is super frustrating working all year following procedures that she makes and then getting in trouble for it because one of her other personalities has changed thier minds.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home