Travel Bug Chronicles

The mis-adventures of those living abroad who sometimes wish they weren't

Saturday, June 11, 2005

In Denial

Can it be? Is it really true? Has the last day of school finally arrived?!?!? Indeed, my dear overworked, overstressed third grade teacher, it has! YAHOO! Let the joyous news be spread, the wicked school year at last is dead! *insert singing teachers here for effect*

I can't believe it. I can't believe that THIS day, this long awaited day that has been our goal since September first, has finally come---and almost gone. It is too good to be true. I can't quite wrap my frazzled little mind around it. But I am sure I will manage somehow.

One more item crossed of the list, but still a few more to go before I leave on June 27th.

To recap my list of accomplishments thus far:

-5 dentist appointments completed: check
-towel embroidered, fixed, picked up, and then fixed again: check
-tutoring payment cheque cashed: check
-birthday present for Raymi purchased and delivered: check
-present for the best dentist ever purchased and delivered: check
-report cards, portfolios, reading, and writing samples done and handed in to the office: check
-school year completed: check
-visit to the dermatologist: check
-sneak-out-of-school visit to the doctor: check
-purchase of medicine from the pharmacy: check

Now for the things I have left to do:

-15 parent-teacher conferences: pending (Monday)
-clean up classroom: pending (Tuesday/Wednesday)
-complete end-of-year checklist: pending (Wednesday)
-cancel cable/internet service: pending (tomorrow--BOO!!)
-pay cable and phone bills: pending (tomorrow)
-show proof of payment for said bills to school: pending (maybe wednesday)
-have apartment checked out by crazy boss: pending (Thursday???)
-receive last payments: pending previous 7 items and crazy boss's will (hopefully Thursday)
-pack and move out of apartment to George's for a week: pending (Friday if all goes well with aforementioned crazy boss)
-return visit to the dermatologist: pending time availability

Now that I have written it out, it seems like there is a lot more left than I thought. I guess it feels like I don't have much left to do since I have already done so much. Gosh. I can't believe it is almost over and I will be on my way home soon. Maybe it will finally sink in when I am on the plane.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home