Travel Bug Chronicles

The mis-adventures of those living abroad who sometimes wish they weren't

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Appointment Number Three

Anyone who knows me knows that I HATE going to the dentist more than any reasonable adult should. I mean, if you're 7 and practically have an anxiety attack over cleaning your teeth that's one thing, but at age 27??? Really. But one must do what needs to be done. Especially when one is a reasonable adult. So I made myself a dentist appointement last week to get my teeth checked. I knew I needed some work done, and wanted to get it over with while I still had insurance. Plus, it is about 3 times cheaper than it would be at home (in Toronto), so what the insurance doesn't cover ends up being the equivalent to a Canadian cleaning and a few x-rays without insurance. Not bad at all if I do say so myself!

So, today was Appointement Number Three: Changing the Filling in my Ever-So-Sensative Molar (Appointment 2: Filling Two Small Cavities took place on Tuesday and went smoothly). Let me tell you, I was nervous. Not as nervous as the other two times, but nervous enough. However, I must confess that "My Dominican dentist ROCKS!!!" I know you are surprised to hear those words come out of my mouth. I sure am! But the appointement was great! I am so happy! This tooth was the tooth I was dreading the most because the other times it has been worked on it has hurt, but today I felt NOTHING! Not a thing. Although at some point I think I managed to swallow a mouthful of drill water, consisting of mercury amalgam filling bits and tooth dust. Yummy. I am vaguely concerned about how that will go down in the long run. If I become senile by June, you'll know it was the mercury. I even got to check out the cavity that was festering under my filling. Not pretty.

And so all is well in the mouth of Sarah. At least until Monday when I return for Appointment Number Four: Replacing the Filling of Root Canal Tooth, soon to be followed by Appointemnt Number Five: Crowning of Root Canal Tooth. If only I could manage a way to return to the DR every time I need to go to the dentist...

1 Comments:

  • At 8:43 am, May 31, 2005, Blogger Winnipeg Damsel said…

    Hmm, sounds like my tooth. After the filling fell out I neglected to get it crowned again 'cause I had a root canal done on it and couldn't feel any pain anyway. I hate dentists. HATE! I've been walking around with a hole in my tooth for several years now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home