Travel Bug Chronicles

The mis-adventures of those living abroad who sometimes wish they weren't

Tuesday, September 30, 2003

Too Good To Last

I have been enjoying myself here in the tropics thus far, and was beginning to wonder what all the homesickness/culture shock fuss was all about. Well I think I have finally found out!

Last week I was having a moment. Of course it was food related! Wednesday I was fully ready to pack up my bags and come home--at least for a weekend! I am having a crisis about what to make myself for dinner here. I need instant food that is practically pre-prepared minus the boiling stage. Like Lipton Sidekicks and Rice-A-Roni!!! I will be stocking up for sure when I come back for Christmas. Don't ask me to soak beans for 24 hours and then make some kind of sauce for them before I cook them! And don't ask me to cook rice on a gas stove either! I can't even do it on an electric one for goodness sake!!!

Perhaps I will learn, but for now I am just plain old hungry and out of patience!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home