Travel Bug Chronicles

The mis-adventures of those living abroad who sometimes wish they weren't

Tuesday, August 12, 2003

Arrived Safe and Sound

Just a quick note to let you know that I am here and have internet access! I am feeling a little homesick--I miss you guys A LOT!!! I know that I have only been here for one day and that I will make friends and learn Spanish and get to know my way around, but it sucks right now. Yolande is coming tomorrow so hopefully that will make things better. I can't wait until Christmas!!!

Dad, you will find this amusing: I plugged my hairdryer in this morning and managed to blow out all of the electricity in the apartment except for the fridge and the water heater which doesn't really heat. *sigh* The school handyman came around to my apartment and has no idea what is wrong because everything looks fine, so now the electrician is on his way. Only me!!! I have bad luck with electricity and electrical appliances.

Jen, I should have packed my pillows because mine suck!!! I am using my comforter as a pillow right now! Thank goodness we brought that. And I have no shower curtain rings so I should have brought my shower curtain. I am using twistie ties and cut up plastic strips for the moment. Do you know where my scissors and black watch are? I can't find them yet. Talk to you all later--the electrician is here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home