Travel Bug Chronicles

The mis-adventures of those living abroad who sometimes wish they weren't

Friday, August 15, 2003

Uniquely Dominican

Things that are unique about the Dominican:

A) Drive up liquor stores.

B) Men carrying guns. I saw a guy with one tucked in the front of his pants yesterday just walking down the street minding his own business. In fact, the other day when the director and I went to the airport to get Yolande, security pulled us over and searched the car for weapons. They checked under my seat, but not hers! I guess I look suspicious! *blink blink*

C) Freedom. A woman offered me her husband to dance with at the Merengue festival on Tuesday night.

D) Big bugs!!! I saw my first and hopefully but most likely not my last cockroach on el Malecon. Oh, and a dead cat. Charming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home