Travel Bug Chronicles

The mis-adventures of those living abroad who sometimes wish they weren't

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Maple All the Way!!

Way to go Canada!!! Miss Universie 2005! It was an interesting experience watching the pageant here in the DR with a living room full of Dominicans. For those of you who don't know, Dominicans are a rather gregarious breed, even at the worst of times. So you can just imagine the commotion when something good is happening. Since the moment that Miss DR was called into the final 15, it was all whoops and hollers. One of George's cousins even hit her head on the hanging lamp she was so excited. Let me tell you it was a pretty tense moment when it got down to the final 3: Puerto Rico, Canada, and DR. The results being that Canada won (the purpose of this post), and that the DR was second runner up. But I was told later that Miss Canada had a shake to her step during the swimsuit competition, which is enough to qualify her as Dominican by the standards down here, so there are no hard feelings. Once again I say "YAY CANADA!!"

Now I must go and mark the remaining 51 exams from last week. I was *supposed* to hand them back to the kids today, but I didn't. Oops. Hey, I'm the teacher. I make the rules! LOL If only they had any idea how often I don't do my work...Procrastination what???

3 Comments:

  • At 12:49 am, June 01, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A shake to her step?Damn.I missed that part.Looking good honey!Be careful what you put in here from now on.I'll be watching!

     
  • At 6:55 am, June 01, 2005, Blogger Going Somewhere said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 7:01 am, June 01, 2005, Blogger Going Somewhere said…

    Ok Dad! Maybe you should sign your name at the end of the post so I know it is you. Your comment reads from "anonymous." I might get freaked out by anonymous people calling me honey! LOL ;)

    P.S. Don't worry, I missed the shake too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home