Travel Bug Chronicles

The mis-adventures of those living abroad who sometimes wish they weren't

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Ozone, What's That?

Today I went to Ontario Place with my brother, sister, the neighbour, and her two kids. Overall, it was a pretty good time. I haven't been to Ontario Place in at least 10 years. We did most everything that we could do in 8 hours with our "Play All Day" passes, including Soak City and the IMAX theatre. I must say that I had forgotten how much fun waterparks are! I had a great time zooming down on the inner tubes, twisting and turning through the water slide tunnels. It was awesome!!!

After our day of fun, I came home, and discovered, much to my dismay, that parts of me were sunburnt. I put on sunblock!!! SPF 15. But, I still got burnt in spots; the most puzzling place being my calves. Only my claves. The rest of my legs are fine. I don't even have a tan line from my shorts for heaven's sake, but my claves are bright red. I just don't get it. Overall, I think I got more sun today than I did ALL YEAR in the Dominican Republic!!! Who needs ozone?

1 Comments:

  • At 7:19 pm, July 19, 2005, Blogger Just Say No said…

    You'd think with all the ground level ozone in Toronto (aka smog) that it would act as a unnatural UV filter. I guess it doesn't quite work that way...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home