Travel Bug Chronicles

The mis-adventures of those living abroad who sometimes wish they weren't

Monday, August 08, 2005

Good Times

I had a very nice weekend. For starters, I finally was able to get some sleep! Yay towels across my window. It's amazing what a little sleep can do for a body.

Saturday I had my garage sale that I have been planning on having for the past 5 years. I finally pulled it off. It went pretty well. I was out there from 8 to 5, and got a lot of traffic. As usual, there were some nice people, and people who tried to rip you off. But in the end, the nice people more than made up for the others. Along with the garage sale signs, I posted a "Help Send Sarah To Europe" sign so people would know where the money was going. Because of this, I had a few people donate items to my garage sale for me to sell, and one lady even gave me $10 without buying anything! How nice! So I was able to make some money towards my airplane ticket.

Then Saturday night Jen and I went out to walk Taste of the Danforth. It was PACKED and not such a good time. If ever there were a time for agoraphobia, that was it. We decided to head further down Bloor Street to see what trouble we could get in, and ended up at The Madison for a bit. It was a pretty good evening, just to get out and people watch. We ended up talking to a few nice people that were there for some kind of wedding celebration. It was a fun evening.

Then Sunday it was Andrew's BBQ. I had a great time. Good food, good company, and LOTS OF LAUGHS! It really was great. I even found a new drink of choice! Sake! Straight from Japan. Yum.

All in all, it was a good weekend.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home