Travel Bug Chronicles

The mis-adventures of those living abroad who sometimes wish they weren't

Sunday, August 28, 2005

All Caked Out

Not to be confused with all “coked” out, which, while possibly producing the same reality-altering affects, is quite a different thing altogether. I happen to be the former: all hopped up on birthday cake.

In the last 24 hours, I have eaten four different birthday cakes, three of which were mine, and three of which were chocolate. Throw a chocolate cupcake in there, and you have me: high on chocolate, icing, candle fumes, sugar, sugar, and more sugar. How I love birthdays!

It all started last night with my surprise birthday cake from my mom and Gordon: Vanilla cake with vanilla icing topped with chocolate. Very good. Then tonight my dad and Dita presented me with a yummy Deep and Delicious chocolate fudge cake. *drool drool* Then a little later on tonight (about 3 hours, to be exact), New Homeowner surprised me with my very own, and very delicious chocolate cake with chocolate frosting at D’s birthday party. D had his own rich chocolate cake, so of course I had to have a piece of each. After the party, I stopped by Jen’s place where she surprised me with a cute little chocolate cupcake with pink frosting from the Cupcake Store, which was also very tasty! It was a lot of cake for one night, but as I have been known to say, “There’s always room for dessert!

me eating straight from my cake

Except now I am a little wired. And full. Maybe eating multiple pieces of frosting-laden cake in one day is not such a good idea, even if it is your birthday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home