Travel Bug Chronicles

The mis-adventures of those living abroad who sometimes wish they weren't

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Is It Time to Panic Yet?

Given that I am leaving in three and a half days, I think it is safe to say "YES!!!"

Panic, panic, panic!!!

I hate these last few days before it is time to leave. They are always so stressful. You usually end up wandering around in a state of shock over how X date snuck up on you while you weren't looking. You know, while you were busy thinking that said date was ages away and that you had plenty of time left? Yeah. Well, phych! While you were busy doing other things, along it came and now it is staring you right in the face, mocking your unprepared-ness.

And no matter how prepared you think you are, and how well you have planned and time-managed, you always feel like you have too much stuff left to do. "I'm running out of time! I'm running out of time! I'm running out of time!" becomes your war cry as you spin around in a tizzy, giving onlookers (and yourself) a bad case of vertigo.


*run-spin-panic-panic-panic, run-spin-panic-panic-panic*
*run, run, run, spin, spin, spin, panic, panic, panic*
*run, run, run, spin, spin, spin, panic, panic, panic*

I've stopped spinning now. I must admit that it wasn't terribly productive. So maybe I will try to collect my whirling thoughts, and come up with a better plan. Packing perhaps? Running last minute errands? Maybe I should make a list and go from there. Or I could just hide my head under my pillow and hope everything will take care of itself. *hope hope hope*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home