Travel Bug Chronicles

The mis-adventures of those living abroad who sometimes wish they weren't

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Vuoi Uno Spritz?

A Spritz is a popular drink from the Veneto Region. It is made with either Aperol or Campari, white wine, and sparkling water (acqua frizzante). And it is STRONG!!! Most people drink them as aperitifs before dinner.

Tonight my roommate Gigi and I went out with some of her friends that she met here in Padova last summer while she was travelling. We went to one of the piazzas here in the city and had a spritz while we mingled and met up with everybody. I must say, I didn’t like the spritz at first, but about halfway through, it tasted great!

After about an hour and half we went to Fabio’s house for dinner, out to a bar that is in the city walls, and then to some other place. It was a pretty cool time. Definitely a good crash course for my Italian! But most of the guys spoke English to some degree, and one of them even spoke Spanish because he had been in Spain for a year. Needless to say, I ended up speaking in Spanish most of the night, but I did try to conjure up some of the Italian that has been lying dormant in my brain for the last 6 years.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home