Travel Bug Chronicles

The mis-adventures of those living abroad who sometimes wish they weren't

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Little Black Cloud

My bad luck with electronic devices continues (for those of you who remember such exciting adventures as The Washing Machine Disaster, Blender Burnout, and Girl Blows Fuse and Wireless Router Adaptor in Electrical Meltdown, etc).

Two and a half weeks ago I bought a new cell phone; not that there was anything at all remotely wrong with my old cell phone. I just wanted a cute, new flippy cell phone and one day while I was at an electronics store looking for a toaster oven (my aren't we domestic???) I saw the prefect phone, on sale (double bonus)! The sale/bonus was that it came with a free cordless phone for the house. So I thought, '2 phones for the price of one aint' bad!' and I bought it.

OF COURSE there is a problem with my new cell phone. It wouldn't read the SIM card right away, and kept dropping the signal even though it was at full strength. I finally found a way to get back to the store (it is out of town and too far to go by bike) to try and exchange it, but it was past the 8 day store return policy so they told me I had to take the phone to the company's service centre, which I did on Monday.

When I took the phone in, they said it would be ready for today and to call in the afternoon. I just called them, expecting it to be ready and to go pick it up. I was super excited to have my phone back too because while my phone is being repaired, Enzo lent me one of his old cell phones, which my friend Melanie has lovingly nicknamed "dinosaur phone."

Anyways, when I called the woman told me that there is something wrong with the 'scheda elettronica' (electronic card) of my phone and that it won't be ready until the middle of next week.

Why am I not surprised?!?!?

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home