Travel Bug Chronicles

The mis-adventures of those living abroad who sometimes wish they weren't

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The Washing Machine vs. Travel Bug

Days Broken: 11

Number of Small Garments Washed by Hand: Several

Number of Jeans Washed by Hand Before Today: 0

This morning I finally conceeded the point and washed my jeans by hand. It was rather unfortunate that I had happened to put all my jeans, save one pair, in the washing machine at once. That fatal moment where the washing machine would only fill up with soapy water, and nothing more.

Luckily it has been too hot to wear jeans lately so living off one pair for 10 days has been easier than I had origianlly suspected.

What was a bit gross was that the water for the jeans turned BROWN. Blue I could understand, but BROWN??? Certainly I can't be that dirty!!! At least I hope it wasn't all dirt. Ick.



Final Score:

Washing Machine: 1; Travel Bug: 0

3 Comments:

  • At 1:37 am, June 23, 2006, Blogger Just Say No said…

    When I was in Russia, the water was brown so when I washed my clothes, it left brown marks all over them. Gross.

     
  • At 1:58 am, June 23, 2006, Blogger M said…

    oh nooo, is another machine on the cards? I have this horrid image of you on the bank of some river beating your delicates against a rock next!! :P

     
  • At 2:13 am, June 23, 2006, Blogger Going Somewhere said…

    JSN: Now that is pretty gross. I guess no drinking the tap water eh?

    M: The sevice man FINALLY came today and declared the thing DOA. The director said he would replace it, but I doubt that it will happen before I leave for my visit to Toronto in a week.

    I better start sizing up those rocks! Luckily Venice is only 30 minutes away... ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home