Travel Bug Chronicles

The mis-adventures of those living abroad who sometimes wish they weren't

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

For The Cows

Today at lunch I decided to have a cup of tea. I washed my mug (dropped it and broke the handle), grabbed a teabag, put some sugar in the mug, and went down to the staff room to put the kettle on.

As the water was boiling, I realized I didn't have any milk in the fridge. But I already had my heart set on tea, so I thought I would borrow a little spot of milk from someone else. I grabbed a container of milk, carefully avoiding the one marked with the principal's name, and poured some into my mug. While swiftly replacing the container, I *luckily* happened to take note of the expiry date: 24-04-2006. Indeed, when I looked in my mug, there were curdles floating around in the 'milk.' Damn. What a waste of two sugars!!!

So I went and washed out my mug again, ran upstaris to get more sugar, and proceeded to boil the water for my tea; this time deciding to use a spot of milk from the other container not marked with the principal's name. However this time I decided to be more covert about it, and bent down while I was pouring the milk into my mug. And I spilled milk all over my pants and the floor. Whoever's milk it was, they had cut the opening on the carton funny, and it resulted in TWO streams of milk shooting out of the catron: One stream going into my cup while the other poured onto my leg. Just great.

I guess that's what I get from 'moo'-ching milk off others!

6 Comments:

  • At 2:48 pm, May 18, 2006, Blogger New Homeowner said…

    I can't decide if I should laugh or groan at your pun.

     
  • At 3:34 pm, May 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    just shows to go you, if you "borrow" from others without their knowledge, what may occur.
    by the by, if you remember, we requested something before we left.
    ps, stairs not staris.
    with our love
    b&g

     
  • At 3:49 pm, May 18, 2006, Blogger Just Say No said…

    I was going to say "karma works" but I think you've been beaten to death with that one already.

    I liked your pun :)

     
  • At 6:34 pm, May 18, 2006, Blogger M said…

    LOL, oh my god - sounds like one of my days!

     
  • At 7:16 pm, May 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Blondie,

    What gets to me is your willingness to document this. Personally, I would have kept this one under the rug and maybe brought it out years later.

    So it double squirted? You might be a thief, but definitely new to the profession.

    Good story!

     
  • At 7:57 am, June 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    cool

     

Post a Comment

<< Home