Travel Bug Chronicles

The mis-adventures of those living abroad who sometimes wish they weren't

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Strange Happenings

This summer I have seen a lot of strange things happen right before my very eyes. First was the guy who drowned at the public pool in Abano.

Then back in Toronto walking home from the gym one day, I saw an elderly lady who was walking with her daughter trip on a piece of raised concrete in the sidewalk, fall flat on her face, and break two teeth. I know she broke two teeth because I saw them laying on the ground after she got up.

Today while we were driving to Kitchener an SUV swerved across three lanes on the highway, hit the concrete divide, and flipped over about three (or four) car-lengths away from us. In fact, we were the first ones on the scene. My step-dad jumped out of our car to help the guy inside the SUV. He got out ok, and from what we could tell was not injured.

That's three things now so I hope that's the end of it. I can only deal with so much reality in such a short period of time.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home