Travel Bug Chronicles

The mis-adventures of those living abroad who sometimes wish they weren't

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Another Life

A few months ago I was offered a teaching job in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. After some deliberation, I decided to decline the job offer and stick with my original decision to stay in Italy for another year.

Today is the day I would have left for KL if I had taken that job. Right now I would be sitting on a plane on the way to my new life.

I am glad I chose to continue the life I'm living right now.

5 Comments:

  • At 7:48 am, July 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I lived in KL for three years and while it's a good city.....it's not Italy. Hope your trip home went well!

     
  • At 10:04 am, July 23, 2006, Blogger M said…

    I'm sure your dollar would have gone a LOT further in KL but damn, it's ITALY land of love and scooters ("ciao")! :) good decision.

     
  • At 11:55 pm, July 23, 2006, Blogger Ramon said…

    Whew, that was a close one... if you would have left Italy I wouldn't have had an outlet to vent all of my frustrations about my Italian friends.... You may have just saved a couple promising friendships!

     
  • At 2:02 am, July 24, 2006, Blogger Trundling Grunt said…

    Tricky, but I think I'd take Italy also. Where?

     
  • At 6:18 am, July 24, 2006, Blogger Going Somewhere said…

    Phil: Thanks. What's KL like? Even though I am happy with my decision, I am very curious about the road not taken.

    M: Thanks hun! I think it was a good decision too.

    Ramon: Glad to be of service. Incidentally, a book I just finished reading contained this quote, which immediately made me think of you: "You Italians only know about stuff with tomato paste on it."

    TG: I am in Padova, up near Venice. Even though it is damp and foggy in the winter, I'm still happy to be going back there in two weeks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home