Travel Bug Chronicles

The mis-adventures of those living abroad who sometimes wish they weren't

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year

I wonder if your New Year's Eve celebrations have anything to do with setting the mood for how the rest of your year will turn out. And if it does, then I think I am in for one hell of a year!!!

My celebrations got off to an early start yesterday at around 5pm with me, a bottle of wine, and a couple of the people here at the hostel. Of course we ran out of wine and had to set about procuring some more, which we did and rather easily too considering all the shops were closed. We managed to find a store open in the subway station that was well stocked.

Se, we returned to the hostel and kept drinking. More people turned up and joined in. The hostel owner made this really delicious fruit punch with bananas, apples, oranges, rum, white wine, and champagne, which, when looking back was probably part of my downfall since I had started on wine and shouldn't have mixed. I am sure the few shots of Jaggermeister didn't help too much either.....

Around 11 we set out to meet up with some friends of one of the guys here at the hostel. We went to an open air concert to ring in the New Year. There was music, fireworks, and that's about where my memory stops.

I vaguely remember "walking" along the street afterwards. Apparently we were going back to the hostel. I have NO IDEA how I managed all those stairs. I have been told that both myself and the other girl we were with were greatly assited. LOL The poor guys! Then I remember being in bed, then out on the couch because something was going on in the room, and then back in bed again.

Needless to say it was a bit of a rough morning when I woke up, but I am feeling better now. I think I am going to head off to the Gellert Baths to soak away my hangover in the thermal waters.

Happy New Year everyone!!! I hope you all had a great time wherever and whatever you did.

10 Comments:

  • At 7:13 pm, January 01, 2006, Blogger New Homeowner said…

    Hey baby! Happy New Year.

    Can't wait to see you when you come visit!

     
  • At 8:31 pm, January 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    happy hangover. hopefully you'll realize that imbibing should be left to us "older and more experienced tipplers". so happy to hear you're enjoying your journey. truly looking forward to being with you in the spring.
    love
    me and mom

     
  • At 8:58 pm, January 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    happy happy NY :) sounds like you had a good one

     
  • At 3:27 pm, January 02, 2006, Blogger Just Say No said…

    Rum? Wine? Champagne? JAGERMEISTER??? Talk about falling off the wagon!

    And by "something" do you mean a sexy something? If so... ew.

     
  • At 8:58 pm, January 02, 2006, Blogger Going Somewhere said…

    Yeah, I totally fell off the wagon--hardcore. I think I was in an even worse state than Bubbly if you can believe that, although there was no crying this time.

     
  • At 8:59 pm, January 02, 2006, Blogger Going Somewhere said…

    Oh, I forgot to add that apparently there was absinth passed around at midnight which I partook in, but have absolutely no recollection of.

     
  • At 5:36 pm, January 03, 2006, Blogger Winnipeg Damsel said…

    Nice! Glad you had a good one - at least what you can remember of it ;)

     
  • At 11:17 pm, January 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    way too much new years i would say, since you haven't added to your blog since the first of the year.
    where are you?
    call home!!!!
    we miss you

     
  • At 2:55 pm, January 05, 2006, Blogger Just Say No said…

    Absinth is one of the most vile drinks out there. I suppose I am just not a fan of the sweet anise liquors.

     
  • At 1:49 am, January 08, 2006, Blogger Ramon said…

    Jaggermesiter is NEVER a mistake... just drop a shot in a glass of Red Bull and you've just prolonged the party for another hour!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home