Travel Bug Chronicles

The mis-adventures of those living abroad who sometimes wish they weren't

Saturday, December 10, 2005

People BUG!!!

Last night I was pretty tired, so I decided to get a good night's sleep. There I was, sleeping soundly, snug as a bug in my little bed when I was awoken by some loud voices coming from the apartment next door. I figured it was no big deal since I had gone to bed pretty early anyways and had no idea how long I had been sleeping for. So I got up to go to the bathroom and get a drink of water, and then returned to bed.

Well, the talking continued. And continued. And continued. I was a little fed up by this point, so I looked at my clock: 4:36 am!!!!! That was the last straw, and I did what any neighbour would do when being awoken at that time. I banged on the wall.

And what happened next TOTALLY floored me!

They guy next door (who doesn't even live there---he is an American living in Milan or something but comes here to visit what I assume is his girlfriend) came over to the part of the wall where I had banged and yelled something like:

"You need to remember one thing. I speak English. I understand EVERYTHING you guys say. We will be quiet now, but as a teacher (I had talked to him once out front of the building and mentioned what I was doing here) you need to learn when to SHUT THE #$%@ UP!"

WHAT THE #$%@?????

I was so traumatized by the whole thing that I didn't get back to sleep until around 6am. So much for my good night's sleep. Where does he get off anyways??? If someone banged on my wall because I was being too noisy, the first thing to come to mind would not be to send that person to hell!!!

Unbelievable. Un-#$%@-in' believable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home