Travel Bug Chronicles

The mis-adventures of those living abroad who sometimes wish they weren't

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Thanks For the Compliment?

I pretty much did nothing with my kids today at all due to the constant inturruptions and schedule changes from the Christmas play (note to self: run and hide next play practice). I managed to read them a story and send them off in partners to make a Wanted Poster for the main character of the book while I cut out gingerbread man and lady templates for an art activity that we are going to be doing sometime soon......as in, whenever we are not practicing for that damn play!!!

While I was busy cutting out templates, much to the fascination of my children, cat vomit boy came up to me about 100 times to see what I was doing---more because a) he can't sit still to save his life, than b) he was actually curious to know what I was up to. At some point he came over when I had switched from cutting out gingerbread men to cutting out gingerbread ladies.

"Oh. Another gingerbread man."

I, of course, corrected him and said "Gingerbread lady," to which he replied "Oh, a gingerbread LADY. She looks like you."

Let me get this straight: I look like a gingerbread lady. Not the first descriptive I would have come up with for myself, that's for sure. And not only do I look like a gingerbread lady, which might be fine and dandy if he were referring to a nicely decorated COOKIE, but I apparently resemble a piece of featureless cardboard cut in some semblance of a gingerbread lady shape!

Thanks, I think.

Really, you have to wonder where kids come up with some of this stuff sometimes. Best not too think about it too much though. It boggles the mind.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home