Travel Bug Chronicles

The mis-adventures of those living abroad who sometimes wish they weren't

Monday, January 16, 2006

Dumplings ARE Cute!

Inspired by my recent trip to Hungary, I decided to make Chicken Paprika with Dumplings (a typical Hungarian dish) for dinner on Saturday night as a sort of welcome for our new roommate.

For those of you not abreast of the current situation, Gigi quit at the end of last term and flew back to San Francisco. Now Alison and I have a new roommate named Eric, who is quite conveniently also Alison's boyfriend. He is also from Canada and is working at the school as an assistant.

Anyways, on with my dinner story:

I had to make a few changes to the chicken recipe since sour cream doesn't seem to exist in Italy. I substituted plain yogurt. I also made dumplings instead of using egg noodles.

I must say it turned out quite well. Although next time I might cut down on the paprika just a little...maybe 4 teaspoons instead of 5.

The best part was making the dumplings. They really are so cute floating around in the water all irregularly shaped and puffy. No wonder "dumpling" is a term of endearment!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home