Travel Bug Chronicles

The mis-adventures of those living abroad who sometimes wish they weren't

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Bug On The Move

Off to Krakow, Poland tomorrow VEERRRYY early in the morning. Getting up at around 4:30 am to be exact. Catching the 5:50 am train to Bologna, and then a 9:30 am flight to Krakow. My friend Stacy, one of the third grade teachers, decided to come with me on my trip so we should have a great time. She is part Polish and has some distant relatives just outside Krakow. We are hoping to visit them over the weekend. Of course neither of us speaks a work of Polish, so it should be interesting since none of them speaks English! The only Polish Stacy knows is some religious church song she learned as a child. And I can say "good," so between her singing and my applause and praise, we should get along just fine!

The plan is to spend Thursday in Krakow, visit the salt mines on Friday, Auschwitz on Saturday, either the relatives or Krakow on Sunday, and the mountains or Waraw on Monday. Then Tuesday we will just have lunch and shop in Krakow before our 5:30 pm flight back to Bologna.

It should be a blast! I will update as soon as I can. Happy Easter everyone!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home