Travel Bug Chronicles

The mis-adventures of those living abroad who sometimes wish they weren't

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Small World

So I went to the gym this morning for my Saturday workout. I love Saturdays at the gym because there is barely anyone there so I can stay on the cross-training machine for 30 minutes without having to worry about hogging it. There is normally a 10 minute limit for each cardio machine during busy hours.

On my way out I said goodbye to one of the owners. It's a small gym, so the owners double as free personal trainers. They know all the members, and help design personal workouts for them. Anyways, Larry (his name is actually Stefano but everyone calls him Larry for some reason) said that he would give me some exercises for other body parts next time I was there. Today we worked on butt and thighs.

Larry uses me as an opportunity to practice his English. When the girl next to him heard us speaking English, she asked where I was from. When I said Toronto, Canada, Larry said he had been there ten years ago. I asked him if he liked Toronto, and he smiled and said "Dutch Dreams!"

I couldn't believe it! I told him that in Toronto I live 5 minutes away from Dutch Dreams and go there all the time in the summer. He said it was his favourite place in Toronto and that he went every day while he was there.

What a small world indeed.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home