Travel Bug Chronicles

The mis-adventures of those living abroad who sometimes wish they weren't

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Curiosity Didn't Kill the Cat (This Time)

There are these two wires hanging out of a socket in the wall of my room. They used to be behind my bed until I rearranged things. Now they just hang there, looking ugly. Until recently, I had no idea what they were for or what they did since I was afraid of electrocuting myself if I touched them.



However, the other day, curiosity got the better of me and I picked the darker one up, noticing that it had a button on the end. I pressed the button, and lo and behold! My ceiling light went out! How cool is that? I don't have to get out of bed to turn off the light anymore! YAY!!!

The lighter cord rings the buzzer/doorbell. I guess it is for when I am incapacitated and need a drink of water or something. Then supposedly the maid can bring it to me I guess. Italians are big on the buzzers. There is a switch in the kitchen, and one in my bathroom, that when pressed ring the buzzer/doorbell. Now, my only question is this: How do you know if someone is at the downstairs gate, front door, incapacitated in bed, floundering in the kitchen, or dying in the bathroom if they all ring the same buzzer???

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home