Travel Bug Chronicles

The mis-adventures of those living abroad who sometimes wish they weren't

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Still Works!

Yesterday I went off to a computer store with my router and fried plug adaptor in tow to inquire about buying a new plug for the router and checking to see if the router was "spegnente" along with the A/C plug adaptor.

I got to the computer store and explained the situation as best I could in my limited Italian. Nope, couldn't help me there. Try the hardware store down the street.

So off I go down the street to the hardware store. Again I explained the situation. Luckily the guy at the store spoke some English, but didn't have what I needed. He recommended I try the electrical store down the street.

So, off I go down the street in search of the electrical store. I found it and went inside. I explained what had happened to my router, and they got out this voltage meter to check the plug. Yup. Definitely spegnente. Then they got a plug adaptor/electricity transformer all-in-one deal and plugged in the router. Still good!

YAY!!! I am so relieved. The plug we need is only 16 Euro too, which is a relief. So I am going back on Monday after school to buy it because of course I didn't take enough money with me yesterday.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home