Travel Bug Chronicles

The mis-adventures of those living abroad who sometimes wish they weren't

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

So Tired...

I can't believe how exhausting it can be to chase around and keep on top of 21 little children all day. I am so tired right now I could crawl into bed, and it is only quarter after 8.

Today was the second full day of teaching (that means kids from 8:50 until 4 with a 20 minute recess and an hour lunch stuffed in there somewhere), and so far it is going pretty well. Except for the exhausted part.

I taught my kids all morning until lunch, and then this afternoon while my kids had Italian, I got pulled to cover the new first grade class because that teacher was sick. And by "new," I mean all the children who don't know English and haven't been to school before. It was an interesting experience. One of the kids is totally AWOL, and I could have sworn he was going to stab me with his pencil every time I got close to him. At one point I looked over and he was eating his pencil crayon. But they managed to understand what I taught them (even and odd numbers, and making a map of the classroom), so good on the both of us for understanding and being understood.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:49 pm, September 20, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    IT IS SO EXHAUSTING. YOU ARE RIGHT! IT SEEMS AT TIMES THAT THE KIDS WE HAD BEFORE WE LITTLE ANGELS!!!!

     
  • At 11:08 pm, September 21, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Twenty-one little munchkins making you tired... wait till the day you find out how exhausting 'one tiny little baby' can make you...lol
    Don't forget the little ones are excited and will settle down once the 'newness' wears off and you establish a routine.

     
  • At 11:45 pm, September 21, 2005, Blogger New Homeowner said…

    For some reason, all I can hear in my head is:

    Miss Hoover: Now, take out your red crayons.
    Ralph: Miss Hoover?
    Miss Hoover: Yes Ralph?
    Ralph: I don't have a red crayon.
    Miss Hoover: Why not?
    Ralph: I ate it.

     
  • At 8:24 pm, September 22, 2005, Blogger Just Say No said…

    AWOL as in Away With Out Leave? Or do you mean Apeshit as in crazy?

     
  • At 10:34 pm, September 22, 2005, Blogger Going Somewhere said…

    Apeshit crazy, as in his brain is absent without leave.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home