Travel Bug Chronicles

The mis-adventures of those living abroad who sometimes wish they weren't

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Oops...

Today I put on a pair of jeans that I had just washed, stuck my hand in the back pocket and pulled out this:



My unused bus ticket. BOO.

In Italy, bus tickets have to be validated when you get on the bus by putting them in a little machine to get stamped, like GO bus or GO train tickets.

Do you think my nice, clean bus ticket will still work? If it does, then I guess this will be the one and only time I will be thankful that Italy doesn't have dryers.

8 Comments:

  • At 11:11 am, October 30, 2005, Blogger Dusty said…

    What is the worst thing you have washed in your back pocket?

     
  • At 5:44 pm, October 30, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    didn't your mom teach you, you're supposed to check your pockets BEFORE you put your clothes in the wash;)

     
  • At 9:28 pm, October 30, 2005, Blogger Just Say No said…

    It's just paper, of course it will work!

     
  • At 8:07 am, October 31, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes...you always EMPTY your pockets when you take off jeans!!
    Double checking before laundry is good to do too... might find $$$
    You really don't want to wash those nasty kleenex!!
    An episode of kleenex with gum in the wash/dryer... yikes!

     
  • At 10:31 am, October 31, 2005, Blogger Going Somewhere said…

    I know I should check my pockets, but I don't make a habit of using them, so there is usually nothing in them. Jeez!

     
  • At 3:30 pm, October 31, 2005, Blogger New Homeowner said…

    There is nothing worse than washing kleenex.

     
  • At 1:41 am, November 01, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hate to sound like a mom here, but...sounds like mom knows what she's talking about. live and learn before things turn nasty. ewwwwwwwww.

     
  • At 11:09 pm, November 01, 2005, Blogger Ramon said…

    question... I met some italian cats here that claim italy has a no-smoking policy in all bars and restaurants. But, then she said some places have "smoking sections."

    Is there some language barrier issues going on here or do they really have a ban on smoking. If so, I picked the wrong damn country (france)!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home