Travel Bug Chronicles

The mis-adventures of those living abroad who sometimes wish they weren't

Thursday, October 27, 2005

The Thumb Saga: Chapter 257

If anything else interesting or exciting besides updates about my thumb happens to me, trust me, you'll be the first to know. I myself am to the point where I don't really give a flying whatever anymore.

Bottom line: Yes it is still broken, but the hand surgeon doesn't feel that it needs surgery because I am not a world class pianist and therefore don't REALLY need proper use of my thumb. Besides, the joint that I broke is not the really important one anyways, and surgery involves cutting, etc. so I have been advised to just start using it.

I ask, why did I even bother GOING to the damn hospital in the first place? I only went so that it would heal properly and I wouldn't be stuck with a messed up and deformed thumb for the rest of my life. But it hasn't healed properly and will be messed up and deformed, so please somebody explain to me WHY I wasted all that time and energy consulting doctors when the outcome is no different, or worse, than what would have happened if I had just taped a few popsicle sticks to it myself???

2 Comments:

  • At 7:23 pm, October 27, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    we all need thumbs that work properly, doesn't matter with you're a world class pianist or not. otherwise, we would be born without them. don't really know what else to say here, this must be so frustrating, not like you're even home so your mom can come over and baby you. do something today to make yourself feel better, get a special coffee or visit a bakeshop, just something extra special, just for you today.

     
  • At 10:28 pm, October 27, 2005, Blogger Just Say No said…

    Or going postal at the nearest hospital... :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home