Travel Bug Chronicles

The mis-adventures of those living abroad who sometimes wish they weren't

Friday, January 19, 2007

January Sucks

I hate January. Like, really hate. And, to some extent I hate February as well. Every year I get the post-holiday blues. It is back to work, life as usual, no holidays or fun times to look forward to. Just crappy, cold weather and everyday life. *sigh*

Anyways, enough about that. They holidays were great. Everything went well at home in Toronto, but the visit was, as always, too short. Since returning to Italy, I have had the stomach flu (last Friday night), and a horrendous sore throat and headache/feverish feeling (this Friday night).

Have I mentioned that I hate January? I think I need another vacation.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:53 pm, January 22, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Boo-urns, sorry to hear that you are having a crappy January- you can always come back and visit more!!! :)

     
  • At 4:17 am, January 23, 2007, Blogger Trundling Grunt said…

    I agree - January is a dark month. No money, no Christmas lights, no evenings. Never mind, Spring will soon be here - keep your pecker up!

     
  • At 1:58 am, January 26, 2007, Blogger M said…

    I love Jan - because it's the holiday month. Feb is horrible with all the "going back to school" nightmares. waaaaaaaaaaaaaahh!

     
  • At 12:21 pm, January 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Agreed it's no fun going back for the new Term. Luckily I'm an unemployed bum at the moment so I'm having a break from the February blues.

    Keep an eye on July. I've heard it's a shifty month.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home